island kid covering his face with sand

Our Oceans, Our Future

World Oceans Day!
Blissfully unaware,
of what we’ve done.
impoverished island kids of the Philippines covered in sand

impoverished island kids of the Philippines covered in sand

impoverished island kids of the Philippines covered in sand

impoverished island kids of the Philippines covered in sand
© 2017 Melinda J. Irvine

• Daily Post: Crisp
  • #WorldOceansDay #WorldOceansDay2017 #OurOceansOurFuture
  • I’m part of Post A Day 2017

Comments

10 comments on “Our Oceans, Our Future”
  1. I just googled Ojibwa, I don’t know a lot about the indigenous people of the Americas. Thanks for reblogging my post, it’s nice to share the love.

2. Ipuna Black says:

I love these pictures! Look how happy these kids are.

Liked by 1 person

1. these children are from an island in the Philippines. There is no electricity on the island. Every time I visit these children are building something in the sand and decorating it with flowers shells and palm leaves/seeds or laughing enthusiastically while jumping from fishing boats into the water. simplicity.

Liked by 1 person

1. Ipuna Black says:

I love the simplicity. I agree! I thought they were. My husband served a mission there, and I have many Filipino friends. I would love to visit there someday.

Liked by 1 person

2. I hope you have the opportunity to visit, it can be life changing.

Liked by 1 person

3. Ipuna Black says:

I believe it. Probably makes you appreciate the little things so much more.

Liked by 1 person

3. johncoyote says:

Reblogged this on johncoyote and commented:
    World ocean day

Liked by 1 person

4. johncoyote says:

Beautiful photos. Thank you.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks John, just reading your moving poem on ‘Dreaming of Scotland’.

Liked by 1 person

1. johncoyote says:

I love the oceans and the lakes. I’m 1/2 Ojibwa. I’m glad when people have concern for the air, earth and the water.

Liked by 1 person