Take advantage of my systemised approach to working with clients and my efficient work methods. I’m a professional writer and aim to create a great working relationship with all my writing clients.
- We begin with a Project Agreement which includes a Statement of Work and a Non-Disclosure Agreement (optional). Pay the agreed deposit (usually 50%) and we’re ready to start. If you prefer we can work through Upwork using their secure payments and contracting system.
- In order to write great copy, I need to gather as much information as I can about your business — the products and services that you sell, as well as your industry. I’ll send you a ‘Request for More Information’ form which will help you compile the data I need. Remember: I can’t describe your business if I don’t know anything about it.
- SEO is an essential part of writing online copy so I like to be clear when we start about the keywords which will best represent you to search engines. We’ll agree on some keywords now.
- Next, I create a dedicated client file in a professional writing package called Scrivener. Scrivener enables me to keep everything I write for you, (plus all the research materials) in one place. Having a dedicated client file means I don’t waste time searching for lost emails and can quickly access all your projects — anytime.
- Now I start writing. Sometimes I need to get up and wander around, take a walk, visit the market, even play guitar to trigger ideas and release the words that become your sleek copy.
- If this is the first time we’ve worked together, (or if it’s a large project in a new area) I’ll always send a sample for you to review before I go ahead and write the complete text. This review is about style and tone, while ensuring I’ve captured your authentic voice.
- From here I’ll write the remaining copy and send it to you for checking. Please ensure you return the copy to me within 7 days.
- Now it’s your turn. Read all the text I’ve written and make a clear note of anything you would like me to review or change. If you notice a typo you can tell me about that too. We’ll often review keywords here and talk about how the copy will contribute to your overall SEO.
- I then revise the copy making any changes you need until you are completely satisfied with what I have written. I always strive for error-free copy but ultimately you are responsible for the final checking of all copy, design and production elements.
- Writing is very subjective, and sometimes you may not agree with the way I present your business or a blog topic. I’m very strategic and write with the best long term result for your business in mind. If I’m concerned that a change you suggest will be detrimental I’ll always point it out and nicely explain why. But ultimately it’s your business and I’ll always make sure the copy is exactly how you want it.
- Once the job is finished I’ll send the invoice for the final balance and appreciate your prompt payment. I also provide a quick Client Satisfaction Survey for you to complete to make sure I’m getting it right. Survey responses help me adapt and continually improve my work methods.
- Finally, keep in touch. I absolutely love my when clients keep me updated on the success of the their websites, sales copy, and email campaigns. That’s the basis of a great a longterm working relationship.
These work methods are guide only, as each job varies. I adapt my work methods for each client and their unique needs.